Jan 29, 2008

Mind State of a Gangster From The 40's



Date:: 1/29/08
Time:: 9:48 AM
Location:: Home

Everything about Jay-Z's American Gangster album was genius to me, form the lyrics to the marketing the to beats. Even though it is not the intro off of the album album, it was still a great choice to open up the album with this being the actual track.

This video of Jay preforming "Pray" live was just recently released. Personally I have never been to a Jay-Z concert, the thought brings tears to my eyes because I pout Jay in my top 2 emcees of all time...it's either him or BIG, but this video provides an excellent representation of what Jay is about. You can see his passion for the industry within his performance of this song. That same passion is the reason why I have become such a huge fan of his.

This song explains the ideas, thoughts , and experiences Jay has had in the past between his family life, growing up , life as a drug dealer.

No comments: