Jan 28, 2008

Packin' Heat




Date:: 1/28/08
Time:: 10:38
Place:: Home

Well, I was never too much of a supporter of any type of Jordan brand "pack". i always felt as if it just had fed into the hype of the sneakerhead culture. It has almost become the IN thing to do, which is far from the reason I got into collecting sneakers, but that will be for another blog entry.

Although I must admit the packages released have all contained sneakers I would love to add to my collection, like both the XI's and VI's from the Defining Moments Package and certainly the Shadow X's and XIII's that were included int he recently released Countdown Package, I have never been able to break down and support the whole package idea. It just was never my thing, back when I wanted sneakers that I could not afford they weren't released in packs. You got one pair of a Jays released each year...that's it! No god damn retros.....as I go to vent!!

Any how most sneakerheads were convinced that they were going to seeing a pair of Infrared VI's in the next installment of the countdown package....they were wrong. Sneakerhead across the world rejoice at the fact that Jordan will be releasing the covted Carmine VI's in the next package.

In the past the only way to get your hands on a pair was to drop some major cash on eBay and scoop up a pair that was most likely unwearable due to its age...I mean Hey the original Carmines were released in November of 1991 so chances are any pair you find is not is superb condition.

Although I'm not a real fan of the XVII's, which will be released with the Carmines , I might have to break down on my Package strike just to be able to get a pair of Carmines on my feet.

Jordan Brand strikes me again.

Please Admire the rest of the pictures.










1 comment:

Mr. Weston said...

Carmine is the specific name of the Red used on the sneaker.