Jan 31, 2008

Diving Into The Wreck Analysis




Date: 1/31/08
Time: 9:45
Location: Home

I was never a huge fan of poems of much literature in general, but this poem I actually enjoyed. Interpretations in the past have always frustrated me but this was a good poem to interpret.

I believe that Rich's referral to the ship was not about an actual ship more about life in general, particularly the past. All of the damage that Rich speaks about in this poem is about the problems and troubles we have had in our past. The symbolism of a a wrecked ship certainly in my eyes refers to the past because you do not really see any type of huge shipwrecks in this day and age.

What i also find interesting about this poem is located on line 74, Rich states "I am she: I am he". The thing I enjoy most about this line is the fact that it shows the readers that you are not the only one who has had some problems in the past. It is almost comforting that you see that there are people out there that are just like you.

Overall I enjoyed the poem and I believe it will work as a segway as I become more interested in the poems and literature I shall interpret in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once you start interpreting poems as a meaning for something else and not as just a story- you'll find it impossible to resist reading more.