Feb 24, 2008

Prudential Center


Date:: 2/24/08
Time:: 7:21 Pm
Location:: iMac
Made the trip to Newark yesterday for Islanders at Devils. Unfortunately the Islanders win streak was put to a hault at the game I attended, figures. 
Anyhow, an excellent facility. I really believe that they did a great job on the construction and the atmosphere during the game was real intense. I saw a ton of Blue and Orange in the crowd which was assuring. One of my favorite aspects of "The Rock" was the size of the hallways. in between periods navigating the halls was not a a hassle.
Considering it is in my nature to pick out all of the negative things that I noticed, I will now begin my nit pick. The biggest one was the bathrooms. To enter through the bathrooms there was two entrances. This was causing much confusion at the urinals with people entering from two different angles you spent half of your time in the lavatories deciding who was next up to bat. Now after you finished doing what you had to do, I looked down to notice no automatic flushers? That seems odd. 
My next bog flaw of "The Rock" was the "Beers Of Newark" stand. About a 20 minuet wait on line to get up to the register and realize only one type of beer on tap and no Bud Light. Not only were they serving the beers in cups but the process went something like this:
Me: "I'll take two Coronas and a bag of Peanuts"
Underpaid Worker: "Not a problem"
My Thoughts: Actually this is  going to be a problem because I have noticed you actually have to sit here and pop the top to each of these beers and actually pour it into a cup. This will take some time, you have to wait for all the foam to go down and the 3rd period is about to start.
Now this process took a total of about 5 minuets, for just 2 Beers and a bag of peanuts.
Underpaid Worker:: "That Will Be $25 Dollars"
As I sulk.
Overall the facility was far better then it was worse.  I just felt like the cheaped out on a few things at the arena like the Bathrooms Flushers, like the only 3 taps of beer that no one has ever heard of at Beers of Newark. Also i noticed things like poorly designed signs for sections and other things that probably no one else takes into consideration. 

No comments: